What does Mobile App Development cost?10/07/2021
Why Online Food Ordering Apps are taking off.15/08/2021
Why should you go for a Mobile App Development for your business? With 3 million apps on the Google play store, it’s obvious that developing a mobile app for your business is an easy decision. A recent study concluded that with $77 billion in revenue from android apps alone, you’re sure to reap the rewards if you go down this path and get started today!
1. Reaching the Millions Of Android Users
Mobile apps are now the norm, and there is an increasing number of people who spend hours a day with their phones. What if your business could reach out to those millions?
2. The Huge Open Market for Android Apps
There’s no denying the trend of using smartphones – and Android devices in particular, at 81% worldwide. So bring your business to these mobile gadgets for a more enjoyable experience!
Now, imagine if your app launched there, how many people can you reach. Then, all you need is the best android development company. Mobilise Solutions is an award-winning company with 25 years of experience.
Going beyond this, the Google play store that once was known as the android app store has seen exceptional growth to millions of users.
3. Android App Development | A New Era Marketing Tool
Digging deep into the statistics, you’ll find that 77% of an average mobile user’s day is spent on their phone and 90% are devoted to Android apps. This more than demonstrates how crucial it is for business owners to invest in Android app development. With a large majority using this operating system, they’re missing out if they don’t have any representation!
4. Best Platform for The Beginners
No matter how small your business is, Android offers a cost-effective solution for businesses of all sizes. Along with many reasons why android app development is the way to go, revenue generation should be at the top of that list. There are many ways in which an application can boost your revenues, including:
* Generating higher customer engagement and satisfaction
* Enhancing SEO ranking on search engines (SEM)
* Increasing conversion rates and sales volume.
1. In-App purchases, 50% of mobile users tend to make an in-app purchase.
2. Subscriptions, another way in which an android app can generate revenue is through subscription money.
3. Advertisements can easily advertise for other brands on your app and make money while doing so.
Android apps are very adaptable and customisable, which is great if you need flexibility or customisation when it comes down to making any necessary adjustments in your business’s operations.
Now that you know all these benefits, we are sure that you plan to build one for your business.
It can be a little confusing for beginners to understand the concept of mobile app development. If that is the case, do not worry! So many have been where you are today.
However, where half of you might have no idea about the mobile industry, many people reading here might already have an app.
We have created a complete mobile app development checklist covering the entire process of app development for those new to this.
Note – We made this checklist irrespective of whether you are outsourcing your app development project to a Mobile App Development Company or creating one in house.
First, you should know what phase your app is at concerning the mobile app development process. Then, after you gather the same insight, all you must do is cross off the point we have mentioned step by step. This process will help you to understand how prepared your app is.
Mobile App Development Checklist.
Below is the complete list that beginners in mobile app development can use.
The Ideation Phase
The Ideation phase is when you generate ideas and discover new ways to validate, discuss, or check them. It would be best if you also had market analysis in this stage which includes researching your competitors.
Now, suppose you have hired a mobile app development company. In that case, this is the phase in which they are responsible for presenting their ideas to make your competition seem like an amateur!
The checklist for this phase is as follows ~
- Which group of the audience are you planning to target?
- What kind of solution is your app providing to the set target audience?
- Are there any mobile app players already in the same industry?
- Have you figured out what features will your mobile app entail?
- Did you analyze the performance of your competitor?
- Do you have any ideas on the app monetisation for the same?
Technical Requirements For Your Mobile App
What are the basic features of your mobile app, and how will it be presented to its target audience?
The ideation phase is not yet over! You still need to answer some key questions for us, as developers, to have a clear understanding of what you want this ‘basic foundation’ of your future mobile application.
The checklist for this phase-
- Do you want your app to work on Android?
- Do you want your app to be launched on iOS?
- Or will it be both – Android and iOS?
- Are you planning the app to be native or hybrid?
- Will your mobile application need cloud infrastructure?
Android and iOS are both great operating systems with their own sets of pros and cons. You can’t go wrong no matter which one you choose, but to help decide, we’ve listed some advantages for each below:
Gadget Specific Differences
However, the large number of apps in the Android store is not entirely of higher quality or, for that matter, don’t make it a better option. To get uploaded to the Apple app store, an iOS app takes a long time to develop and passes a much stricter verification process. IOS apps are more likely to be stable, easy-to-use and secure, too, contrary to the end number of cumbersome applications available in the Google App Store.
The decision on the UI [User Interface]
When you have decided which platform your app will launch, it is time to work on the user interface. This step includes deciding what your mobile application’s look and feel should be like and determining how the features will function to serve their purpose and make things easier for users. Furthermore, it is the UI that will impact the success of your app among users the most, making it one of the most crucial of all the steps.
It may seem daunting at first glance because there are so many different options available that can drastically alter how the application functions or presents itself; however, with just a little bit of help from our experts, we promise you won’t regret taking this important path towards success!
Below are a few questions, answering to which will help you design your mobile app.
- Have you decided on the mobile app’s wireframe?
- Have you decided on your mobile app’s orientation?
- Is your app adaptive? That is, does your app transition from one to another orientation easily?
- Did you decide on your benchmark?
- Have you thought of the CTA buttons, and how will they stand out? (CTA-call to action)
- Are your mobile app design-oriented elements with the culture and region the app is being launched in
After answering all the questions, you should be very clear about your app’s appearance and how it works. All we need to do now is create a fully functional mobile application from start to finish!
Let’s Begin with Mobile App Development Process.
By now, you have envisioned your mobile app ultimately, and we assume you are ready to make it come alive. All the steps from here on are shaping your vision into reality. So, to make this happen below is the list that you need to consider.
- Have you decided whether you will be making an app in the house or hiring a mobile app development company?
- If you are hiring a mobile app development company, have you decided where will it be based? Or do you have a list of companies to profile through?
- If going with an in-house option, have you hired a team or an expert?
- What is your budget? Also, how much will the mobile app cost?
- How much time do you have for mobile app development?
- Have you decided on the mobile app development process- Waterfall, Iterative or Agile?
The Performance Metrics Of A Mobile App
After the last step, did you decide on a development company or in house development? Many factors go into deciding whether to hire a mobile app development company or develop in house. You are still not sure? The following checklist can help you decide and ensure your project is successful.
- Have you checked how your app behaves during low battery, Airplane mode, fewer network zones, and even less storage?
- Is there any web service that your app is designed to provide?
- Does your app have a server-side component?
- What is the scalability of your app – horizontally as well as vertically?
- Are you notified when your app crashes in real-time?
Lets Talk Security
Mobile app security is essential for every single mobile app. However, many people overlook the importance of security during the development process because they prioritise other aspects like design and performance. Security breaches can lead to data leaks which will put many customers at risk and your company’s reputation in jeopardy. This is why you should hire an experienced team that has dealt with these issues before knowing what kinds of risks are out there and how best to protect against them, so you don’t have anything bad happen when releasing your new product!
Before you decide on any mobile app development company, here are some pointers.
- Have you installed the two-point user authentication process in your app?
- Do you have complete control over who can access your app?
- Are there any sub-admins?
- Does your app play around with the industry security standards and protocols like – HIPAA or PCI DSS.
- In case your mobile app contains a payment gateway – Is it secure?
The Final Mobile App Testing Checklist
It’s time to test your app! This is the stage of mobile development where you put everything together to see how it all works. You need a good understanding of what will be successful with your target audience, and this phase allows for bugs or glitches in design that were not considered before. Below are some tips on getting started:
- Is your app working efficiently on all the different devices and operating systems?
- Are you testing your app on real, non-technical users?
- Did you go through the localisation strategy of your mobile app?
- Is it time to present your app with the device update?
- Do you plan to perform tests like – QC testing, UA Testing, and Unit Testing?
- Have you checked the scalability of your app to find out if it needs the next OS update?
Once you finish with this list, your mobile app will be fully optimised. All that is left to do then is marketing and branding!
This might go for nothing if the target audience cannot use or find out about your awesome product – but don’t worry because we have a complete list of mobile app branding ideas designed just for you:
App Branding – The Complete Checklist
After the launch of an app comes the real challenge. It is called branding. What is the use of an app if it is unable to reach the target audience? Below is the list that every mobile app owner should be reading before publishing in the Apple or Google Play Store.
- Is your app following all the set app store guidelines?
- Are you sure that the app images are clear and contextually accurate?
- Did you make sure that your app name is unique?
- Have you checked if the App is Optimised as per the ASO norms?
- Does your app description contain actual screenshots?
- Does your app have a brief tutorial video for the user?
- Have you catered to the multilingual aspect of your mobile app?
We hope that this mobile app development checklist was helpful to you.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Mobilise Solutions.