Are you using the new Google My Business Attributes to maximise your business listing?28/05/2020
Grow your business with ratings and reviews02/06/2020
Every business owner with a website is looking for ways to be noticed in the search results.
Most people who search on Google My Business(GMB) only get to the first page, so the importance of having your business up to scratch on GMB is a must. You want your business to be on the top of the page that’s how your business will leverage for more sales.
What is Google My Business?
My Business is Google’s one-stop shop to manage how your business will look and perform in the search engine. It is an essential tool to find out and adjust how your site shows in Maps, the Knowledge Graph, and organic search results.
What are your customers finding when they search for your business online?
You need to make sure the information on your website is exactly the same as on GMB. Inaccurate information kills your listing and could kill your ranking.
It all sounds very serious, right?
Google My Business is the most valuable tool for any business!
- Claim your listing with your actual business name
- Choose a category as accurate as possible
- Provide as much data as you can – your profile has to be 100%
- Check your phone number
- Check your opening times – think about the holidays!
- Review your photos – are they accurate and useful, or can you improve them?
- Create citations on other sites as well – pick well-regarded business listings or review sites and directories, stay away from spammers
- Keep your My Business listing in line with your website.
- Above all, keep your data up to date and optimised
But it’s not just a place to find basic information about your business.
When used correctly, Google My Business is a powerful tool that can increase your revenue and provide valuable insight into your customers.
- Control, index, and display pertinent business information
- Interact with potential customers and manage your online review reputation
- Curate customer photos, videos, and other user-generated content
- Gather insights regarding how your customers are arriving on your site
Your Local SEO is critical, even with GMB
You should activate and maintain your My Business account, and make it awesome. But to get the most out of your listings and to get good rankings, you must have your website in order as well. Optimise every part of it.
Create local content for your chosen keywords and business location and get quality local backlinks to build up a solid link profile. Ask customers to review your business onsite or on Google My Business.
Make sure your listing is active and attractive. Inaccurate profiles are no good.
So much information but what to do with it?
Would you like to know how your business ranks in Google My Business?
Why not send us at Mobiles Solutions a message to say Hi, and let’s go from there.